Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time

tennisluvr

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

hard work ni vadileyi. Sunil Gavaskar godfather anta. Tendulkar was awesome ever since he stepped on the cricket field. Okay, I started watching him only after 1996.

That's an experience many people are not in a hurry to forget, just because we have a new batting star.

It's okay man, it's not wrong to have a godfather backing you up especially if it's a legend like Sunil Gavaskar. Never said Sachin did anything to gain that huge a fan, it's probably his genius so credit to him for that. 

However, alanti super star god father evaru avasaram ledu man Virat Kohli ki, adi lekunda ne he got to where he is today. It's okay it happens sometimes in sports you know. 

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Not from what I have seen, they are mostly in shock over how someone like Kohli can come and non chalantly play the way he does and turn everything they have believed in so far topsy-turvy. 

Because Kohli came into a game that was settled. Tendulkar played around many changes to the game. 

When he started off, the regular scores were 125/4 after 40 overs, and when he finished, it was 250/4 in the same 40 overs. He played through all that.

1 minute ago, Satakarni_bali said:

People who are watching cricket for over 20 years know, know how it was then and now.... No one reallly shocked on the arrival  of Kohli, since he captained 2008 U19 side.

All good players from late 90s got recognition from U19 sides WC teams to be precise many are there Yuvi,Kaif, Raina ,Rayudu etc etc...

3 minutes ago, uttermost said:

hard work ni vadileyi. Sunil Gavaskar godfather anta. Tendulkar was awesome ever since he stepped on the cricket field. Okay, I started watching him only after 1996.

That's an experience many people are not in a hurry to forget, just because we have a new batting star.

antha back chesi unte mana ROHAN GAVASKAR ni enduku vadilesado paapam... this is goin nowhere... braces_1

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

It's okay man, it's not wrong to have a godfather backing you up especially if it's a legend like Sunil Gavaskar. Never said Sachin did anything to gain that huge a fan, it's probably his genius so credit to him for that. 

However, alanti super star god father evaru avasaram ledu man Virat Kohli ki, adi lekunda ne he got to where he is today. It's okay it happens sometimes in sports you know. 

lol. Its still not a comparison. because Sachin was good enough even without a godfather.

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Buddy from Late 90s youngsters are getting this U19 WC platform adi mundunna vaallaki ledu...Just based on Ranji & Irani, Deodhar trophies eh base. Once they get recognized there and start doing well domestically no one needs god fathers.

1 minute ago, Kool_SRG said:

All good players from late 90s got recognition from U19 sides WC teams to be precise many are there Yuvi,Kaif, Raina ,Rayudu etc etc...

yeah, @tennisluvr ala anukovatle Kohli just stepped on the planet after 2013 and conquering the world....^^

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Are you saying Tendulkar would've been stuck playing Ranji if not for Gavaskar? Fat chance man. He was too good to be left out.

1 minute ago, Satakarni_bali said:

antha back chesi unte mana ROHAN GAVASKAR ni enduku vadilesado paapam... this is goin nowhere... braces_1

Because ROHAN GAVASKAR was a talentless hack. Gavaskar you see is a smart individual, he backs winning horses. Not donkeys that can't run the distance, even if the supposed donkey came out of his own genetic material. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Anyway to all Sachin worshippers, sorry man. 

sorry to you that Kohli can continue to play the way he does and establish and break existing records that took such hard work on the part of your idol to establish, maybe if you can forgive Kohli for doing that he might continue to deliver more success to the Indian team.

I can understand the sentiment, no one expected Kohli to do what he did today 5 years ago. People saying it's too early to comment on him will keep saying that even after 5 years from now. 

Kohli is actually little late. I expected more from him and R Sharma after I  watched them in U19 world cup 10 years back. Well, I actually thought Rohit Sharma will break Sachin's records first, but he is very inconsistent.  Like I said, it took Kohli 4 years to establish place in test cricket unlike many other players. Just check the stats during the initial years of his career. 

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

lol. Its still not a comparison. because Sachin was good enough even without a godfather.

Sachin was noticed early in his U16s you know how strong the Mumbai Leagues and set up is...Achrekar is well known coach once they noticed him gave chance in Ranjis he debuted with 100s in Ranji, Irani & Deodhar trophies such that catapulted him to fame later continued, even Kambli was well noticed in ealry days of career but fell off..

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

Are you saying Tendulkar would've been stuck playing Ranji if not for Gavaskar? Fat chance man. He was too good to be left out.

Who said that? I never meant that, but it helps to have a superstar and arguably India's greatest batsman at that time backing you up and assuring that you get a chance to bat at the highest level. 

Adi Sachin thappu ani ekkadanna man, that was his genius actually. To make even the greatest batsman of all time take interest in you and ensure that you get the chances you deserve. 

Okay I found out that Manoj Prabhakar was the Delhi team's coach backed up Virat Kohli. 

I don't know if I can call Manoj Prabhakar a superstar by any stretch of imagination although I think Prabhakar was a great utility player, one of the best utility players to have played for the Indian team. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Because ROHAN GAVASKAR was a talentless hack. Gavaskar you see is a smart individual, he backs winning horses. Not donkeys that can't run the distance, even if the supposed donkey came out of his own genetic material. 

Rohan Gavaskar is decent player buddy but not to the extent to break in to already tough middle order of India..He was consistent for Bengal in domestic circuit and very good fielder.