Do you believe in God?

DrBeta

4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Lynching anyone in the name of anything is wrong, period. There is a difference between values and religion. Some people learn good morals from religion, but it is important to distinguish between the two. 

i just want to talk about agnosticism.....if i say that my religion talk me something, how do you approve or disapprove if dont have any opinion......

enlighten me , if i misunderstood agnosticism

1 minute ago, Ram30 said:

that's ok.. I forgive ur parents.. tappuvalla pempakaanidi kada %$#$

neeku ala ardham iyinda??CITI_c$y

mee ammababu nenu yala pencharo cheppav kada CITI_c$y

salea sunny aunty kuda God analedu CITI_c$y

4 minutes ago, kasi said:

i just want to talk about agnosticism.....if i say that my religion talk me something, how do you approve or disapprove if dont have any opinion......

enlighten me , if i misunderstood agnosticism

Maybe you should google agnosticism. Religion is a choice that someone makes to find God. My opinion is only pertaining to God. I can't prove or disprove the existence of God. I have opinions about everything else, religion, morals and values are different than God. I hope you can make the distinction. 

3 minutes ago, sarita said:

I don't believe God exists. something that can be considered God IRL is our 'Conscience'

I agree and my conscience exists because I talk with it everyday. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kasi said:

again, do you have evidence as per his belief if its rite/wrong.....as agnostic you shouldnt approve/disapprove his act...am i wrong as per agnosticism 

Agnostic belief pertains to God. Killing someone is wrong, you don't need God to tell you that. 

Just now, DrBeta said:

Maybe you should google agnosticism. Religion is a choice that someone makes to find God. My opinion is only pertaining to God. I can't prove or disprove the existence of God. I have opinions about everything else, religion, morals and values are different than God. I hope you can make the distinction. 

i googled agnosticism 

Agnosticism is of the essence of science, whether ancient or modern. It simply means that a man shall not say he knows or believes that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe. Consequently, agnosticism puts aside not only the greater part of popular theology, but also the greater part of anti-theology. On the whole, the "bosh" of heterodoxy is more offensive to me than that of orthodoxy, because heterodoxy professes to be guided by reason and science, and orthodoxy does not.[12]

— Thomas Henry Huxley

And to you point in a society religion/values comes from the God that you believe in....

hope i am making sense

6 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Agnostic belief pertains to God. Killing someone is wrong, you don't need God to tell you that. 

how can you say that someones belief is wrong, if you cant have an opinon on what he`s beliefs are 

i can understang lynching a far too stretched example....small small things like burka ?

3 minutes ago, kasi said:

i googled agnosticism 

Agnosticism is of the essence of science, whether ancient or modern. It simply means that a man shall not say he knows or believes that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe. Consequently, agnosticism puts aside not only the greater part of popular theology, but also the greater part of anti-theology. On the whole, the "bosh" of heterodoxy is more offensive to me than that of orthodoxy, because heterodoxy professes to be guided by reason and science, and orthodoxy does not.[12]

— Thomas Henry Huxley

And to you point in a society religion/values comes from the God that you believe in....

hope i am making sense

I don't think values necessarily come from religion. A lot of people learn values from religion. But you don't need religion to teach someone good values. 

Do you job, don't cheat, don't lie, don't hurt other people, help people in need - none of these involve God or religion. Someone who is religious maybe immoral and someone who is moral maybe irreligious. 

4 minutes ago, kasi said:

how can you say that someones belief is wrong, if you cant have an opinon on what he`s beliefs are 

i can understang lynching a far too stretched example....small small things like burka ?

I am not saying anything about anyone's belief's. Everyone is entitled to their belief, religion is a choice that people make, they can stay with it. I don't and can't have a problem with anyone's belief's or religion. I am of the opinion that God and religion are different. 

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

I don't think values necessarily come from religion. A lot of people learn values from religion. But you don't need religion to teach someone good values. 

Do you job, don't cheat, don't lie, don't hurt other people, help people in need - none of these involve God or religion. Someone who is religious maybe immoral and someone who is moral maybe irreligious. 

i think we are debating about God/Beliefs......for people who believe in God their beliefs/values/Morals comes from religion......might not for you/I 

i am asking you as Agnostic, where do you stand

as an atheist i would support anyone's belief, thats not the point........how do you justity not having an opinion as an opinion 

4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I am not saying anything about anyone's belief's. Everyone is entitled to their belief, religion is a choice that people make, they can stay with it. I don't and can't have a problem with anyone's belief's or religion. I am of the opinion that God and religion are different. 

how are God and religion different, when both of them were created by humans?

5 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

so do you support lynching?? 

yes as i told you for you/I God and religion can be different....but whats your opinion on others.....as per your belief you shouldnt have any opinion on things....

1 minute ago, sarita said:

how are God and religion different, when both of them were created by humans?

hierarchically religion was created first and God was created later......