When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

1 minute ago, betapilli said:

No caste feeling office ekkada telsukundamani

I did not face it here honestly. Nor did I see anyone facing it. Subtle racism vinna office lo but no casteism 

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

rashtranne rendu mukkal chessaru cinema lo hero bhasha nacchaka. Inka siggendhi. I would have had sympathy to this cause along with godavari people, uttarandhra people, rayalaseema people whose accents were also not represented. But none of them went to this extent with hatred. 

I m not sure if u read the history books properly. May be we ll have a detailed discussion tomorrow or some other day by speaking up for telangana region and every single point I have to raise in support of tg movement starting from 1956

1 minute ago, kevinUsa said:

Right to equality.

Paina cream mottam tinnaru 

Oka bread maku kuda kavali kada

challe - vandala samstharallu creams thintu. America lo vunnav reservations tho neekem pani? eppudu yedhava edupu eni centuries free ga mantral thanthral tho thinna.

3 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

KCR raised voice and commented on andhra after 2008-09 but this was much before.

in my college in Guntur only so called pulkas can sit in last two rows of colleges bus and only they can play some games, can you show me one college in TG where do you see such culture 

Rvr aa? Vignan aa?

Just now, Rushabhi said:

I did not face it here honestly. Nor did I see anyone facing it. Subtle racism vinna office lo but no casteism 

I met a guy long time ago in a bus in St. Louis who told me that if someone has neni at the end of their last name, it means they are kamma. I didn't know that until then. 

Just now, Somedude said:

Thats irrelevant. She says that she is from upper caste and upper middle class having issues of inferiority complex about her language (and dressing also after moving to Hyd).

upper middle class in TG/ and tugo/pago is not the same, no? atleast pre 2014?

come to Chennai and ask what Tamils think of Telugus. The only telugus they know are rich and have a lot of disposable income. do you wanna guess which telugus they are talking about? hint: its not TG.

• Haha 1

Just now, betapilli said:

I met a guy long time ago in a bus in St. Louis who told me that if someone has neni at the end of their last name, it means they are kamma. I didn't know that until then. 

Not saying there won’t be. Edward Jones/ MasterCard lo undi undochu. But there are other companies too right?

Just now, betapilli said:

Naku kuda alane evaro chepte telisindi. %$#$

eng lo ragging time lo caste question adige varu

one particular caste domination in college , that was the first time in my life that I knew people move in caste based groups

first year lone class lo different groups based on different castes 

people used to look at me weird as I used to be friendly to all groups , used to go to their rooms , play with them , go to movies to watch all heroes etc

MS lo regional feeling , lot of north indians in our class and they used to move in groups depending on language, our telugu folks too used to move as a group I guess so we can not entirely blame one group or the other , its just that they were still close minded even after coming here..

Here too, I tried to be friendly with as many groups as I can , still there are some cases where there is no point in trying to be friendly with them,  so ignored and move on to people who do not discriminate..

office lo I was top performer in team , there were some politics but I guess the management knew my worth so got good ratings..

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

KCR raised voice and commented on andhra after 2008-09 but this was much before.

in my college in Guntur only so called pulkas can sit in last two rows of colleges bus and only they can play some games, can you show me one college in TG where do you see such culture 

Earlier you said about Guntur. Now you are talking about some pulkas. Don't attribute a few people's mistakes to the larger group.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Thats pure BS. Neni, Pati, Muri and etc are in SC/ST/OCs. Don't go by that.

1 minute ago, Rushabhi said:

Not saying there won’t be. Edward Jones/ MasterCard lo undi undochu. But there are other companies too right?

Mayuri restaurants owner's younger brother works for Edward Jones. He runs the restaurant on some days, but he maintains a group strictly on caste basis. Also if you go to TANA cultural events or to the Indian temple in Ballwin, Mahatma Gandhi center, you will see it. 

4 minutes ago, betapilli said:

my wife has neni in her surname and not from kamma, but they assumed she is from kamma and recommended her for assistantship anta. 

• Haha 2