When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

1 minute ago, JackSeal said:

irrespective of all these KCR did make us come out of inferior complex... we used to modulate and try to hide our telangana dialect when speaking to andhra people and in films only comedians used to use telangana dialect... now all movies and heroism uses our dialect... 

I still remembers andhra stomach manta during fida movie... they said telangana dialect pettakapothe movie inka bagundedhi ani 

Fida movie choosaka my telangana friend comment antha slang memu use cheyyamu konni konni words naake ardham kaaledhu oorlallo vaadatharemo ani. But antha ardham kaakunda ledhu. What surprised me was the landscape in that film. I thought telangana motham kind of arid area ani. The places I saw were like that. Adilabad surrounding areas. Aa movie lo choosthe full pachaga undi

Just now, Rushabhi said:

Fida movie choosaka my telangana friend comment antha slang memu use cheyyamu konni konni words naake ardham kaaledhu oorlallo vaadatharemo ani. But antha ardham kaakunda ledhu. What surprised me was the landscape in that film. I thought telangana motham kind of arid area ani. The places I saw were like that. Adilabad surrounding areas. Aa movie lo choosthe full pachaga undi

https://ibb.co/mC6pvxH

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

TG ani chepthe Guntur lo room evvam annaru btech lo ... memu evarki cheppukovali 

Thats after the KCR continuous diatribe during the TG movement. I never experienced what you are describing. I studied in Guntur. Half of my class mates were from Hyd and some TG dists.

17 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I can beleive that reddy/kams/raju/cop did not know about caste until inter/college etc. Kaani baapanollocchi maaku thelvad ante very hard to believe with their vegetarianism and jandhyal gatra.

Lol they dont stop there . Chaala mandhi vaalu thine plate lo guests yevvariki pettaru. And when they came to my house they didn't take coz we would've had meat in the plate .

4 minutes ago, Somedude said:

No no. I didn't mean to say all Warangal people are like that. Just mentioned where they are from. My close friend during the Engg days was from Warangal (His family moved to Khammam later). Later I met a girl from Warangal. Extemtly sweet and nice girl. We have been close for many years. Only problem she is too emotional and cringy at times.

Just pulled your leg bro 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Somedude said:

I understand about the inferiority complex. They are looked down upon like a third rate citizen by everyone? Why would the whole world look down upon on all people from a particular region? You mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Bascially, you got that in your head that everyone is looking down upon you. You need to come out of that and face the world confidently. Like how people mock the Gntr/Vijawada here (Btw, I am not from that region), people from other region also have been mocked due their traits. North Andhra people have been mocked. Thugo/Pago have been ridiculed. Same applied to Seema people. No one is special. Every person from one region will mock the peron of different region. Thats how it works in India. Telugus mock Tamilians. They call us Gultes. Northies call us Madrasis. No one plays the victim card as good as you play.

U cannot justify discrimination by saying it's everywhere. Inthakanna nen em cheppa. I'm even against northies criticising south indians. I faced that in north India. That will be for another day. Anthakanna em cheppalenu. If u r telling all are facing...I'm saying...they shudnt face...no one shud. That's not how it is supposed to be. Confidence building etc manaki manaki chepkunedanki manchigane untai. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

I still remembers andhra stomach manta during fida movie... they said telangana dialect pettakapothe movie inka bagundedhi ani 

:giggle:

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Manollu ante?  You mean brahmins?  Naku mana ani feeling aey ledu. In fact i hate to marry a brahmin. 

Bade bade desho me ye chote chote hote hai ji

Just now, Ellen said:

U cannot justify discrimination by saying it's everywhere. Inthakanna nen em cheppa. I'm even against northies criticising south indians. I faced that in north India. That will be for another day. Anthakanna em cheppalenu. If u r telling all are facing...I'm saying...they shudnt face...no one shud. That's not how it is supposed to be. Confidence building etc manaki manaki chepkunedanki manchigane untai. 

Dialect based discrimination not limited to telangana. Uttarandhra dialect ardham kaadhu and they get ridiculed a lot too

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Adilabad lo 3 major rivers velthayiii... its full of rains ... always greenery untundhi but bad luck enti very poor people tribals untaru so edagaledhu ... greenery untundhi eppudu all seasons ... 

1 minute ago, Rushabhi said:

you know what telangana dialect differs from each district ... I don’t understand some words what mahboobnagar and adilabad district people speak... ma pakka district Warangal people uses some unknown words ... 

arid area is a myth ... I am not comparing with godvari or Krishna delta area but we do have some good water resources.

Once arid area my place is now full of green and water, ponds never dried in last two years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Everyone ante within our linguistic group. Not the world. Na jeevitham lo nen intla matlade dialect ennadu baytollatoni comfortable ga matladaledu. Thanks to my dad's reading pichi, I used to read a lot Telugu books so I could easily cover up my accent.  Hell I din even dress up to my like when I moved to Hyderabad from my native place. Mastu vekkirinchetollu Mee tg Ollu itla atla ani. Asal mem matladedi bhashane kaadu ..tinedi tindi kaadu... Undevi uurlu kaadu anetollu. I never felt comfortable to be original myself until 2014. Evaru adgina maa uuru hyderbad ani cheptunde... Ijjat teeestaremo ani bhayapadi. I come from an upper caste upper middle class family. Naaake gintha namoshi aite... Iga verolla sangati em cheppumantav?

Adding to this.... Most of the movies even butchered the accent. Thanks to the whole movement and  few films of late... Ipudu em siggupadakunda intla matladinatte matladutunna...unless I have to go up and speak up in a professional platform or addressing a larger audience. Sometimes an entire group has to stand up for each other so as not to feel inferior.