Mumbai new airport plan... hyd airport recent ga build chesina doest look like an international airport...

MysoreJackson

@Ryzen_renoir I lived in both the cities at the same time during my formative years. The major roads in Chennai are 2 to 4 times wider than the major roads in Hyd. If you wanted, you may do a bit of Google search about the infrasture of Chennai during the British India. The major roads in Chennai were done by the British Indian Govt. Nothing changed till late 1990s and early 2000s. After 2000s, they couldnt expand and the DMK and sub-sequent AIDMK Govt started the flyovers. By that time, Hyd has already started the flyovers becaues the roads were too narrow.  And another major different I noticed among many south cities - Chennai people used to follow proper traffic rules when no other city was following..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Delhi T3 was opened in 2010-11,Mumbai T2 was during 2013-14.

Hyderabad Airport opened in 2008-9 ten years ekkada undhi difference by the Shamshabad opened the two were also in developing stage.. 

2015/16 lo vellanu Mumbai and Chennai..works were still going on. Delhi lo one time vellanu around 2015. Hyd lo aithe 2008-09 tharuvatha works jaragadam choodaledhu.

7 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Delhi T3 was opened in 2010-11,Mumbai T2 was during 2013-14.

Hyderabad Airport opened in 2008-9 ten years ekkada undhi difference by the Shamshabad opened the other two were also in developing stage.. 

I may have exaggerated about 10 years difference. India lo modern airports lo Hyd was first of its kind and the subsequent airports Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi are really bigger compared to Hyd airport.

22 minutes ago, Somedude said:

I am not comparing todays Hyd Vs Chennai. I am talking about - Hyderabad used to have much better infra than Chennai from a long time

Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai had been in different leagure from the days of British India. I didn't just mention about the tram. I mentioned about the roads, metro trains, airport and port etc. Compare the erstwhile Chennai with the erstwhile Hyd. Appatlo Chennai correct ga 1/4th undedhi. Btw, I lived in middle of Chennai and Hyd before 2000 (childhood), I knew the major roads roads of both the cities. Again, I am not underminding Hyd, I love the city. But lets discuss the facts..

Nenu cheptundi kuda Ade...

Hyd was in a different league..

Hyd was a protectorate where as Madras was a crucial export port for British Raj. To give you an idea as to why there were no trams.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Somedude said:

@Ryzen_renoir I lived in both the cities at the same time during my formative years. The major roads in Chennai are 2 to 4 times wider than the major roads in Hyd. If you wanted, you may do a bit of Google search about the infrasture of Chennai during the British India. The major roads in Chennai were done by the British Indian Govt. Nothing changed till late 1990s and early 2000s. After 2000s, they couldnt expand and the DMK and sub-sequent AIDMK Govt started the flyovers. By that time, Hyd has already started the flyovers becaues the roads were too narrow.  And another major different I noticed among many south cities - Chennai people used to follow proper traffic rules when no other city was following..

I agree with you that almost all of infrastructure of Chennai is from British era but it's the same with Hyderabad , almost all of major infrastructure is from Nizam era 

The hospitals , lakes , roads , University , storm water drains , underground drainage , etc were all from Nizam era . 

Chennai has only two , three good areas and all of its highways are too narrow  leave alone its main roads 

Banglore almost reached mumbai drlhi range

hyderabad is competing with chennai kolkatta pune ahmdebad 

aa mumbai airport oka kugki airport wont enough for mumbai because mumbhai need 100m passengers capacity 

8 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I agree with you that almost all of infrastructure of Chennai is from British era but it's the same with Hyderabad , almost all of major infrastructure is from Nizam era 

The hospitals , lakes , roads , University , storm water drains , underground drainage , etc were all from Nizam era . 

Chennai has only two , three good areas and all of its highways are too narrow  leave alone its main roads 

Baboi..  @Somedude i thnk you are right - its journalist sai only.

If nothign happend to hyd after nizam then how in the FK did hyd overtake chennai which started with better indra ?

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

If nothign happend to hyd after nizam then how in the FK did hyd overtake chennai which started with better indra ?

Look at his comments. I noticed number of times - sense undetodu mee bhogham batch antu chance dhorikinappudalla comment chesthuntada? I have seen him number of times spewing venom.

15 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

sorrrry, I can't think of a single area in Chennai that is not good to live. I don't care for Hyderabad or this silly comparison among Indian cities. All are equally terrible, and the citywise GDP figures are a joke. There's no way to calculate them reliably.

sure Hyderabad may have gone past Chennai. who cares. Atleast Chennai people don't hate a particular area in their city and call them as terrorists and celebrate their encounters. Max Chennai would do is mock their most stylish and daredevil lower class citizens as Pullingo. and that too only as a joke.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, pahelwan said:

Arrey bhai niku yenni sarlu cheppali miru gunta nakkalu mi buddulu yevariki ravu

Mee gorrela kante gunta balla avvadam better va, konchem dimag aina untadhi slavery lekunda 

11 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

What's 'better infra'? not even 10cm rain, and entire Hyd drowned. lol.

I think only Mumbai can talk about 'infra' in India. It handles 25cm rain on a good day every year easily.

I think you are talking about malls, pizza corners and all such bs. worm brain.

also Chennai airport is not a new one. Its just one terminal and its super accessible.

The greatest thing about Chennai is that its airport resembles its bus ports. that is, terrible.

I am moved by this level of equity in Chennai. :giggle:

Indian cities are a joke, and debates about which one is better is just bunch of hot air.

• Haha 1

Hyderabad people dissing Chennai. lol.

FYI, I came into this db only to diss Hyderabad. But at that time, Andhra people were themselves pouring venom on Hyd and its residents, so I shut up and supported Hyd. :)

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

also Chennai airport is not a new one. Its just one terminal and its super accessible.

The greatest thing about Chennai is that its airport resembles its bus ports. that is, terrible.

I am moved by this level of equity in Chennai. :giggle:

Indian cities are a joke, and debates about which one is better is just bunch of hot air.

Pudu airport cheyyur kitta plan panta but change of govt , we will have to see if they proceed with that