Mumbai new airport plan... hyd airport recent ga build chesina doest look like an international airport...

MysoreJackson

35 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

i am not dissing chennai. You can worship as you like. But the economics show it is not favored by investors or high income people. That may or may not matter to you . Suit yourself. Dont get bitter and grudgy like that.

Actually, if you look at FDI stats, it was only since 3-4yrs ago that bangalore beat Chennai in investments made, and zoomed past. And Hyderabad beat Chennai in probably one year in the entire last 20yrs.

This is not MOU, but actual investments made  in regional centers.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

rey mental @Raven_Rayes - i have actually praised chennai a few posts before. so dont project your prejudice on me.

I don't care what you think about Chennai. The facts are these..

in 2017, bangalore was still trailing Chennai as the investment destination. Hyderabad close on heels.

https://dipp.gov.in/sites/default/files/FDI_FactSheet_January_March2017.pdf

Hyderabad has actually fallen harder attracting lesser investment in the recent quarter. Bangalore, Delhi have zoomed past leaving Chennai behind for the period of 2019-21.

https://dipp.gov.in/sites/default/files/FDI_Factsheet_March%2C21.pdf

@Telugodura456 is right about one thing though. It looks like the shine of Hyd has fallen after the division. from the FDI statistics.

but it shouldn't matter, because Hyd is still an awesome city that is affordable and has great food.

just don't spread the fantasy that Hyd is more desirable for investors and can compete with Bangalore. Bangalore attracted like more than 10 times what Hyd did in the past few years.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

Its hyd and the competitive talent unleashed through EAMCET etc. KCR dhi emudhi vaadi bondha. But he should focus on agriculture though.

eamcet unleashes mostly factory ready workers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Pudu airport cheyyur kitta plan panta but change of govt , we will have to see if they proceed with that

Are you saying that the previous govt had finalized Cheyyur as the location of the new airport?

Is this Cheyyur near chengalpat or kancheepuram? I'm often confused.

7 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Are you saying that the previous govt had finalized Cheyyur as the location of the new airport?

Is this Cheyyur near chengalpat or kancheepuram? I'm often confused.

They acquired half the land , it's nearer to chengalpat .  

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

oh. that's cool. easily accessible by rail then.

Oh not really  the alignment would be way off , no one is really serious about the new airport right now. 

I don't think it will move forward unless tamil oarty is in central coalition

3 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Oh not really  the alignment would be way off , no one is really serious about the new airport right now. 

I don't think it will move forward unless tamil oarty is in central coalition

haaha.. this Cheyyur is half way between chennai and pondicherry, very close to ECR.

It would be awesome if this was finalized for the airport, with a new rail line between Chennai and pondicherry, that doesn't go the round about way through tindivanam.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

haaha.. this Cheyyur is half way between chennai and pondicherry, very close to ECR.

It would be awesome if this was finalized for the airport, with a new rail line between Chennai and pondicherry, that doesn't go the round about way through tindivanam.

ECR has so many choke points like Thiruvanmiyur  to neelankarai stretch .  

It will most probably alinged to OMR road since many politicians own large stretch of lands nearby it . 

1 hour ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

They acquired half the land , it's nearer to chengalpat .  

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

oh. that's cool. easily accessible by rail then.

Chengalpet is good distance of 60-90 mins from Chennai once upon a time meenambakam itself was considered far away from the city but later Velacheri, Medavakam, Tamabaram, Chrompet etc flourished.. 

1 hour ago, Kool_SRG said:

Chengalpet is good distance of 60-90 mins from Chennai once upon a time meenambakam itself was considered far away from the city but later Velacheri, Medavakam, Tamabaram, Chrompet etc flourished.. 

Koyambedu was considered a dangerous forest in my childhood . 

It's only natural large airports are 50-60 km away from city nowadays but for Chennai the problem is exacerbated by the lack of proper highway connection . 

All the local traffic use national highways around Chennai , creating huge delay . 

If any airport is constructed they must ensure access restricted expressway to city , otherwise the airport will bring in more problems 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Shamshabad was built on open space and it can be done and completed at much faster pace than expansion & remodeling existing ones since there will be some limitations so will take bit of time... Although haven't been to shamshabad airport but read a lot of it being very well made, T2 in Mumbai & T3 in Delhi all kicked off pretty much around same period of UPA1 when the air traffic started booming possibly due to low cost carriers and hade expand infra.. So is the case with Bengaluru one which also has opened pretty same time as Shamshabad..

Agreed. Shamshabad is well made.  Mumbai t2, Delhi 3 and Chennai look grandeur and bigger.  Hyd one was opened in early 2008. Mumbai T2 in 2014 and Delhi T3 2010. I am not sure about the Chennai. 2015/16 lo works jaragadam choosanu.