Absolute lamentation of my job search

FrontMan

14 minutes ago, Realityy said:

I will tell my story  working on contract role H1-B from last 2 years. Desi dhed manager added one more new contract resource desi lady and march lo budget issue vachindhi new desi lady manager and team lead ni baga sweet ga matladii patainchidhi naanu lepi 10garu in 1 week.

unfortunate .. she has fook but you dont .. you manager preferred the former

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, FrontMan said:

Week 9 ends today. 

Took 1 interview for a cloud security role with no background in cloud security.not selected.o am applying even for 32-34$ positions 

On 4/27/2023 at 7:45 PM, FrontMan said:

Week 6: TCS confirmed my role for 160,00 and after 4 rounds of interviews..including tella client interview...after that they really liked me..

TCS manager said congrats and sent me email of offer.

After 24 hours, TCS hr aunty called me from Chennai with raspy voice of a 3 rd grade school teacher.. remember how after day long of howling how our school teeeaaacherrrs used to have hoarse scouring voice.. 

She was unpleasant and spoke rudely with no greetings exchanged while coarsely telling me to work for 120,000 with Amazon 6% joining bonus and 4% relocation fee.. I immediately said no while controlling my temperament and respectfully saying won't work..

Next called the TCS manager who was pan parag uncle claiming I don't have enough experience hence he needs to reduce 30 grand from my pay and spoke with utmost disgust .. I yelled at him it doesn't work..and I have enough experience (12.8 and 1 year cpt ..so 13.8) to prove my mettle and hung my phone. 

These TCS guys are most disgusting species on planet .. thu 

DuDmK_2U0AE2qBe.jpg

They also wanted me to travel inter state  to multiple data centers without per diem ...

&$#)( dmajufidnbsh#$&#+&4+@(#))..

Sorry to hear your situation bro. 

Never heard such kinda negotiations after agreeing on one price and got selected. 13yrs experience ki 120k or 130k endi asalu, Arkansas, Kansas lo kuda antha takkuva salary undadhu. 

Hope you get something solid soon. Stay strong. Market is getting better. 

chaala mandhi cheppi untaaru...but go for linkedin post or facebook group posts like SOS Indian community or Indian expats group... 

You cannot not use those resources

1 hour ago, FrontMan said:

Week 9 ends today. 

Took 1 interview for a cloud security role with no background in cloud security.not selected.o am applying even for 32-34$ positions 

🥺😢 nenu layoff ayya December lo 

rate taginchi try chesa job ochindhi 

best luck 

1 hour ago, Cosmos said:

🥺😢 nenu layoff ayya December lo 

rate taginchi try chesa job ochindhi 

best luck 

bhayya, rate tanginchi ante ee rate ninchi ee rate ki vachavu and for which technology? tech jobs lo salaries asalu undatala uppudu. appudu appudu future taluchukunte bhayam estundi.

2 hours ago, FrontMan said:

Week 9 ends today. 

Are you Gc?

16 minutes ago, baabaa said:

bhayya, rate tanginchi ante ee rate ninchi ee rate ki vachavu and for which technology? tech jobs lo salaries asalu undatala uppudu. appudu appudu future taluchukunte bhayam estundi.

cloud ️ technologies 

programming etc., 

nenu avg candidate na billing avg ehh .. Kani   na interview nene tesukunta..

Edo lucky ga American ochadu interviewer ga Ala set iyindhi .. pedaga na talent emi ledhu 

4 hours ago, FrontMan said:

Week 9 ends today. 

bhayya if you are not a home owner, why are your monthly expenses 8 k

On 3/20/2023 at 1:44 AM, FrontMan said:

Koncham depressing ha vundi .. I lost a  well paid remote job where I was the lead architect … 

They couldn’t extend the contract because of some contract policies and stupid issues… as I maxed out 3 years

now I cannot find salaries nowhere near that bench mark.. 

single ga vunnapudu job search light.. now monthly expenses eh 8k almost.. us job market is getting worst in terms of billing .. only handful of companies are paying handsome salaries and they are on freeze.. chudali..

I was expecting full time at current place and then hiring freeze kicked in

but if they have let you go so easily, you are not required there ani anukovachu gaa bro?

So why are you blaming companies, vendors etc?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bharathicement said:

but if they have let you go so easily, you are not required there ani anukovachu gaa bro?

So why are you blaming companies, vendors etc?

They didn't let me go.. I am not supposed to be contracting more than 2 years. Thats the legal limitation...but they extended me into 3 rd year..and now 4 the year..legal team said NO.. client director still in touch..they tried to make me full time last year in October....they will hire me the moment change freeze is released .. I am the last man standing who was hired for this job..rest all hires are recent new contracts.. the ones who started with me where all let off year ago and some left as two years where met.. I was the only one who got year extended..as I started this from ground zero with design, architecture and Poc. I was confident they wouldn't let me go as I was their principal architect..anyways I was already applying full time. They either go in hold or budget issues..

Meanwhile I am applying for all sorts of jobs..Including 32$ 45$ .. from existing billing rate of 102$. 

You will not understand how slow the market is until you start marketing..the jobs are there..but they are either filled internally or they hire someone refered by team members.. 

And these vendors are blatantly lying about the pay rates and submitting the candidates they prefer who agree to work for half the billing rate ... And majority of the jobs r with TCS CTS and Infosys..tech Mahindra..

4 hours ago, rahulroy4u said:

bhayya if you are not a home owner, why are your monthly expenses 8 k

Boston is expensive place.. 7200 roughly ..with all expenses combined.

Daridram enrante..everyone are saying you are over qualified ..once you find higher billing rate you will leave this job Ani .. otherwise I would have been doing the first interview I got in march 19 th itself..that position is still open and is next to my place..