When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

5 minutes ago, betapilli said:

It's alright if you think I live in a bubble, if you do put forward a similar kind of argument on Reddit, you will realize that half of America will support my argument over yours. There is every rule in existence in favor of minorities to give them preference over white Americans. I can understand if minorities like Black and Latinos complain, I just don't see how privileged minorities like ours can complain.

Let me guess, you probably support Google firing the guy who wrote "let's stop pretending that women can code by giving them preference in hiring". 

Half of America that you find on Reddit also do support the same laws that benefit the same groups that have historically been able to get away implementing those biased laws and continue to also "box" people under labels they generated i.e, model minorities etc. I guess you seem too eager to gain approval of your masters that have come up with these labels, there are plenty of groups of reddit that pander to people like you so don't come up with the BS about reddit being a moral guardian for everyone in the nation. You being a privileged minority doesn't make everyone one, but you have seem to be delusional enough to think that you speak for everyone of them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Support evadiki kavali @betapilli ? Kukka ni chusi pandi ani ante ayipotunda? Kumar uncle laga matladaku. He has white support too. 

Btw you think i am not on redditt? Thata ki daggulu nerpaku amma .   @3$%

She thinks reddit is a moral authority on these matters, and that the people that post there have a moral high ground or something. It's quite obvious that she's always lead her live in a bubble, and she's quite clearly illustrating the fact that she can't look beyond that. 

I am a moderator on quite a few sub reddit forums, and have had my share of dealing with people that seem to think being on reddit bestows them with some sort of moral high ground. So trust me, I speak from experience. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Alright, I am done putting forward my point of view. It's obvious no one on this DB gets it. 

Okay thanks, you belong to a better forum than this. Good luck getting people to see light. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

They don't complain, they point out the truth and it's quite obvious if only you knew how to digest facts which you don't seem quite capable of. What if there are more White Americans than Asians, not all the White Americans aspire to go to Ivy Leagues and for the percentage of population the Asians seem a lot more obsessed about going to Ivy Leagues than the proportion of White kids again taking into account their population. 

The percentage of that "obvious" preference given to firms that have minority leaders is guess what 10%. That's something that you conveniently left out, which means the majority are still the other 90%. There is preference to give some of these grants to women and minorities because a disproportionate amount of those funds have historically only been given to White males so this is just a first step to try to even the balance even if it's by just a bit. Yet you are going on and on running around circles with your circuitous arguments because you have no grasp of reality. YOU are the one that's perhaps getting a free ride, citing about your "research" while busy posting vlogs from every person out there the whole freaking day so please don't use your personal experience to justify being discriminated against for the vast majority of us. YOU don't speak for all of us, and be under no delusion that you ever will. I don't think anyone's as hypocritical as that over here, even in a forum which mostly consists of trolls. 

Just because you love to be a suck up doesn't mean we all would love to be, and don't expect people to shut up just because you go shouting on rooftops what a magnificent suck up you happen to be. If you haven't still understood your own hypocrisy even after reading all this, you deserve to stick to your vlogs and not anything that consists of a discussion that warrants some thought. 

Bemmiii%20(16).gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

She thinks reddit is a moral authority on these matters, and that the people that post there have a moral high ground or something. It's quite obvious that she's always lead her live in a bubble, and she's quite clearly illustrating the fact that she can't look beyond that. 

I am a moderator on quite a few sub reddit forums, and have had my share of dealing with people that seem to think being on reddit bestows them with some sort of moral high ground. So trust me, I speak from experience. 

I know what you are saying.  100% agree with you. 

@betapilli I have nothing against you . I really appreciate your support in my other thread i posted on vaccine rashes.  I was so moved by your help too. But , cant agree on this topic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

They don't complain, they point out the truth and it's quite obvious if only you knew how to digest facts which you don't seem quite capable of. What if there are more White Americans than Asians, not all the White Americans aspire to go to Ivy Leagues and for the percentage of population the Asians seem a lot more obsessed about going to Ivy Leagues than the proportion of White kids again taking into account their population. 

The percentage of that "obvious" preference given to firms that have minority leaders is guess what 10%. That's something that you conveniently left out, which means the majority are still the other 90%. There is preference to give some of these grants to women and minorities because a disproportionate amount of those funds have historically only been given to White males so this is just a first step to try to even the balance even if it's by just a bit. Yet you are going on and on running around circles with your circuitous arguments because you have no grasp of reality. YOU are the one that's perhaps getting a free ride, citing about your "research" while busy posting vlogs from every person out there the whole freaking day so please don't use your personal experience to justify being discriminated against for the vast majority of us. YOU don't speak for all of us, and be under no delusion that you ever will. I don't think anyone's as hypocritical as that over here, even in a forum which mostly consists of trolls. 

Just because you love to be a suck up doesn't mean we all would love to be, and don't expect people to shut up just because you go shouting on rooftops what a magnificent suck up you happen to be. If you haven't still understood your own hypocrisy even after reading all this, you deserve to stick to your vlogs and not anything that consists of a discussion that warrants some thought. 

You're right, I am getting a free ride despite being privileged. I am getting a free ride because I am a brown woman and I think it's unjust towards white males who are as good as me but aren't getting as good of opportunities as I am getting. 

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I know what you are saying.  100% agree with you. 

@betapilli I have nothing against you . I really appreciate your support in my other thread i posted on vaccine rashes. I really appreciate that. I was so moved by your help too. But , cant agree on this topic.

Yes I too enjoy @betapillis posts, I have nothing against her. 

But I have to disagree with her on what she's trying to say here, I guess it's okay to do that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, betapilli said:

You're right, I am getting a free ride despite being privileged. I am getting a free ride because I am a brown woman and I think it's unjust towards white males who are as good as me but aren't getting as good of opportunities as I am getting. 

You should focus your energies on ensuring that they get those opportunities then, not everyone here is as privileged as you are in getting those opportunities. First try to understand that, wish you well in your fight in ensuring equality for those victimized, I appreciate that irrespective of who's being the one victimized here. 

One last note... , 10% quotas , preferential promotions in companies to minorities and women etc are not the right solution...

In some cases, in the name of equal opportunity mediocrity is encouraged... Ex: gifted schools admissions were purely based merit , not any more ...

Some companies are promoting women and minorities just for PR ... Very bad....even Google is doing this

33 minutes ago, betapilli said:

so you are getting more opportunities than white males are getting, is it? what kind of opportunities? are you part of some emergent hacker group, that is deveoloping a cheaper, more easily accessible vaccine for covid, or any of the DIYbio groups?

I dont understand. you are part of an institute, which is part of a larger system that has specific rules for hiring. I haven't heard anywhere that white males are getting passed on, in favour of brown women/men. Its not like there's a shortage of people applying for these jobs, and the institutes have diversity criteria to comply with for the grant (I'm assuming). If anything, you are probably hired at the expense of a black person, not a white person.

No one is hired as some sort of favour for their race. If your institute does that, you should resign and find better places to work, instead of trying to argue the stupid premise that brown people are more privileged than white males.

what kind of privilege are you talking about, btw? privilege to make more money? To be cited more?

anyway most white males who are smart and driven enough to do PhD don't want to stuck in stupid institutions and play the silly IP game. That's why they moved up the cool ladder by inventing ways to opensource everything. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that white males who complain about discrimination are just bitter losers, just like upper castes in India who complain about reservations. It doesn't matter if they are bitter at brown/black people. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

One last note... , 10% quotas , preferential promotions in companies to minorities and women etc are not the right solution...

In some cases, in the name of equal opportunity mediocrity is encouraged... Ex: gifted schools admissions were purely based merit , not any more ...

Some companies are promoting women and minorities just for PR ... Very bad....even Google is doing this

If you think your company is encouraging mediocrity, resign, and find a better company.

I personally will not care for race. I will not even encourage maternity leave.. hehe.. no special preference for women, that is.

I think people themselves have low standards, and complain that others have low standards.

16 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

gifted schools are a disgusting idea. sick stuff really. 

why not wait for the child to grow and actually participate in the economy before branding it as 'gifted'? 

Its just an excuse to create clear class divisions. because these 'gifted' kids most probably grow up to be sociopaths.

52 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

You should focus your energies on ensuring that they get those opportunities then, not everyone here is as privileged as you are in getting those opportunities. First try to understand that, wish you well in your fight in ensuring equality for those victimized, I appreciate that irrespective of who's being the one victimized here. 

Her idea is to mock Indians who cry wolf. not fight for the victimized. I'm sure she doesn't give a fcuk about others. especially those who are below her social class.

But I agree with her a bit. It can be irritating to listen to Indians whine about racism, when they themselves engage in racism through pr0xy.. for eg. by inventing reasons to diss on BLM pretending to be progressive. There are some serious sick stuff Indians do in the US progressive circles. Not all Indians, but Indians in the tech sector are as clueless as upper middle class whites about their own privilege.