When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

If you or your institution takes money from the govt (in some way, including tax benefits), then sorrrry you have to comply with diversity criteria in hiring.

No private person who spends his own money on research will hire on the basis of race, and he's not even forced to do so. If he still does it, he's an idiot of the highest order. better off not working for him.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

gifted schools are a disgusting idea. sick stuff really. 

why not wait for the child to grow and actually participate in the economy before branding it as 'gifted'? 

Its just an excuse to create clear class divisions. because these 'gifted' kids most probably grow up to be sociopaths.

This is not elementary...high school...I used word gifted, but it's actually a STEM focused hgh schoool. Entrance used to be based on middle school academics , projects , detailed essay,  math entrance test etc.... Either close this schools or address why there are not enough blacks or whites ( not a typo ), instead they are now using equal opportunity laws to decide who gets admission... This is just one example...

Address the core issue , provide opportunities etc... don't bring india like reservations here... Is my point

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

If you or your institution takes money from the govt (in some way, including tax benefits), then sorrrry you have to comply with diversity criteria in hiring.

No private person who spends his own money on research will hire on the basis of race, and he's not even forced to do so. If he still does it, he's an idiot of the highest order. better off not working for him.

All companies are being shamed now by showing how many women and minorities in leadership roles... and % of board members. And companies are responding by promoting based on race and gender...

I oppose.this also... organically it should happen over some time..

3 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

This is not elementary...high school...I used word gifted, but it's actually a STEM focused hgh schoool. Entrance used to be based on middle school academics , projects , detailed essay,  math entrance test etc.... Either close this schools or address why there are not enough blacks or whites ( not a typo ), instead they are now using equal opportunity laws to decide who gets admission... This is just one example...

Address the core issue , provide opportunities etc... don't bring india like reservations here... Is my point

I don't care if these 'gifted' schools are corrupted. I hope all these gifted schools become a mediocre mess. 

There's nothing to 'address'.. if your parents are upper middle class/rich, you are more likely to get into gifted school. 

that's how my nephew prepared for 2yrs and got admitted into one recently.  What can I say? I love him to death. I just hope he doesn't develop a close minded view of society and his importance in it. I hope I'll be able to keep him grounded. but I think its a gone case.

what do you mean, 'dont bring India like reservations'? you have no idea what you are even saying.. 

yes, there are smart people, who do distinguish themselves from others. But there's actually no standard way to find who they are.. IIT entrance tests, SAT tests are not the way. These are the way to privilege already well off people in society.

34 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

All companies are being shamed now by showing how many women and minorities in leadership roles... and % of board members. And companies are responding by promoting based on race and gender...

I oppose.this also... organically it should happen over some time..

I don't oppose anything. These companies participate in the market, and are catering to their customers. 

If you are better than the company, quit. Otherwise just accept that it is what it is. Life is unfair. Atleast you get to live in a 1st world country with an upper middle class lifestyle.

Not everyone can be middle/upper management.

my point is, if you accept to be part of the system, then you can't complain.

Its not like you have no options. you can quit and start freelancing. 

See I hate India from the bottom of my heart. Like I wish the worst for Indians and India. But I still live in India, because I have no other way. I can't actually move. Most white people who complain about discrimination are losers or racists. simple.

To deny that there's a thing called white privilege is not racism, but is the path to racism.

It's another matter that not all whites are privileged. Some of it has to do with class too.

10 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't care if these 'gifted' schools are corrupted. I hope all these gifted schools become a mediocre mess. 

There's nothing to 'address'.. if your parents are upper middle class/rich, you are more likely to get into gifted school. 

that's how my nephew prepared for 2yrs and got admitted into one recently.  What can I say? I love him to death. I just hope he doesn't develop a close minded view of society and his importance in it. I hope I'll be able to keep him grounded. but I think its a gone case.

what do you mean, 'dont bring India like reservations'? you have no idea what you are even saying.. 

yes, there are smart people, who do distinguish themselves from others. But there's actually no standard way to find who they are.. IIT entrance tests, SAT tests are not the way. These are the way to privilege already well off people in society.

Reservations in every stage of education, .accepted... reservations in jobs....insane is in promotions also...

IAS officers  sons and  daughters are becoming IAS officers...

Irony is these are hard core racists... They have such a hatred for upper castes...by saying our great grand father's suffered .. Give me a break

19 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

the core issue is not easy to address. its not the company's job to do social studies research and find the best way to address these extremely complicated issues. They exist to make money. that's their only goal.

That's why we have easy solutions to this like diversity hiring. Its not optimal, but then US having the lion's share of world's wealth is also not optimal for the human race.

The core issue cannot be addressed, without fighting another civil war. Also hiring purely based on merit itself is a shaky concept. In some areas, this 'merit' is not defined properly or defined through silly credentials like 'no of yrs worked in such and such platform' etc. what's even the point?

if you are driven, just quit and set your own shop/lab and live by your own rules. 

Just now, hunkyfunky2 said:

Reservations in every stage of education, .accepted... reservations in jobs....insane is in promotions also...

IAS officers  sons and  daughters are becoming IAS officers...

Irony is these are hard core racists... They have such a hatred for upper castes...by saying our great grand father's suffered .. Give me a break

I think hatred for uppercastes is justified. 100%. 

you've never been on the other side, I guess.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

I think hatred for uppercastes is justified. 100%. 

you've never been on the other side, I guess.

You just proved you are another racist. Congratulations

1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

You just proved you are another racist. Congratulations

you just invented a new meaning for the word racist. contact cambridge.

some think Google lost the edge because of diversity hirings, I guess.

nah, its the other way around. Google got into diversity hiring bs, because they lost the edge in innovation to others.

If there's some disgruntled White male who feels undone by the system, and wants to take revenge like a supervillain. He should try.. I support him.

it'll be interesting to see if the entire system is robust to withstand a lone wolf attack. my guess, the best he can do is piss on the sidelines, like a fcuking loser. crybaby racist scum, who thinks the world revolves around him, and can't even make actual friends.

the same applies to crybaby uppercastes in India too, who think the system is against them. such jokers these losers are.

But if these guys can take down the system, I'm happy for them. A system that cannot withstand these racists doesn't deserve to exist even. That's why I'm happy to let India fall.

First time LHR lo land ayinappudu...security check security officer adigadu "meeru Emitlu....mee intiperu emiti" ani.......I was schocked and embarrassed and spellbound and goddamned and holyshited all at the same time....🤣

10 hours ago, Amrita said:

Hmm...seriously ? Marks caste based ah ? This is the most item thing i ever heard in my life.  He actually spoiled the kids. Worst teacher. sFun_duh2

Yes damm serious, edi Mylavaram aney town lo jarigindi ( Krishna district, near vijayawada) aa Mark's veyinchukunna  vallu andaru chinna chinna jobs chesukuntunaru eppudu. Mana daggara talent vunte evadu emm pekaledu. Same thing nenu Diploma lo observe chesa Raichur lo akkada vysyas (Komati) di domination. Kiran gopal anee vadiki baaga Mark's vese state 4th rank tepincharu infect nenu vaadu okale chadivee vallam. After 1 year ecet lo vadiki 1000 rank naaku 36. Eppudu vaadu medical representative ga work chesthunadu.