Shanghai lockdown: People using drones to help each other out

Telugodura456

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

yes China basically propped up US lead in tech in the 21st century. US owes a lot of its prime position in tech to China.

next?

that licenses are mandated itself means that they will be enforced at the discretion of the govt.

So basically they are not restricted.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

Capacity is not same as production. 92% of chips are fabbed in taiwan

https://www.semiconductors.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SIA-White-Paper-Made-in-America.pdf

U.S. semiconductor companies lead in global semiconductor market share,
accounting for 51 percent of total global semiconductor sales in 2014.
2. U.S. semiconductor companies do most of their manufacturing (52 percent) in
the United States.

----------------------

this is from 2014, the share is down a bit, but US still maintains a healthy $10billion trade surplus against all countries of the world wrt just semiconductors.

will you apologize to me for wasting my time with your fcuking bs? lecturing me about 'fabless'.. do you know what I do? idiot.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

So basically they are not restricted.

is this supposed to be an argument? and for what? just give up and leave man.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

https://www.semiconductors.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SIA-White-Paper-Made-in-America.pdf

U.S. semiconductor companies lead in global semiconductor market share,
accounting for 51 percent of total global semiconductor sales in 2014.
2. U.S. semiconductor companies do most of their manufacturing (52 percent) in
the United States.

----------------------

this is from 2014, the share is down a bit, but US still maintains a healthy $10billion trade surplus against all countries of the world wrt just semiconductors.

will you apologize to me for wasting my time with your fcuking bs? lecturing me about 'fabless'.. do you know what I do? idiot.

that is 2015 article. we dont know the data in graphic. it drastically changed now US makes a lot more chips in every area. Apple did not make a single chip in 2015 - now it makes hundreds of million - all fabbed in taiwan.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

that is 2015 article. we dont know the data in graphic. it drastically changed now US makes a lot more chips in every area. Apple did not make a single chip in 2015 - now it makes hundreds of million - all fabbed in taiwan.

so it changed drastically from 2015 to 2020 aa? emanna na..

dude, chips that are IP intensive, wafers are made in US, and then shipped to taiwan, malaysia etc to be packaged into chips and tested, and sometimes reshipped into the US or further integrated into products in China.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

so it changed drastically from 2015 to 2020 aa? emanna na..

dude, chips that are IP intensive, wafers are made in US, and then shipped to taiwan, malaysia etc to be packaged into chips and tested, and sometimes reshipped into the US or further integrated into products in China.

Nee thalakayi. wafers are made in taiwan. In fact in high end chips - below 10 nm - which are used in latest iphones and laptops usa makes 0 percent - though many if not most are designed in usa. They all made in taiwan and SK

" An April report by the Semiconductor Industry Association and Boston Consulting Group found that all chips made with the most advanced methods (known as sub-10 nanometer processes) are made in Asia—92 percent in Taiwan, the remaining 8 percent in South Korea."

https://www.wired.com/story/us-needs-back-business-making-chips/

8 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

tsmc has the only 7nm fab tech in the world.. may be samsung does too.

but not all chips need that tech to be made.

Nee thalakayi. wafers are made in taiwan. In fact in high end chips - below 10 nm - which are used in latest iphones and laptops usa makes 0 percent - though many if not most are designed in usa. They all made in taiwan and SK

" An April report by the Semiconductor Industry Association and Boston Consulting Group found that all chips made with the most advanced methods (known as sub-10 nanometer processes) are made in Asia—92 percent in Taiwan, the remaining 8 percent in South Korea."

https://www.wired.com/story/us-needs-back-business-making-chips/

what the breakdown of number of chips made with less than 10nm tech? lol.

why do you keep circling around with same bs?

This is the industry report dumbfcuk. don't just parrot nonsense without knowing the full story.

https://www.semiconductors.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Tariffs-on-Chip-Imports-Would-Harm-U.S.-Manufacturing-One-Pager.pdf

1. High-value semiconductor design
and manufacturing already occurs in
the United States
3.The U.S.can attract semiconductor
manufacturing through incentives, not tariffs

2. Tariffs will not “reshore” chip
manufacturing, but will drive away
other advanced manufacturing
sectors

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

what the breakdown of number of chips made with less than 10nm tech? lol.

why do you keep circling around with same bs?

what same Bs - you bluffed in your post "high end" chips. Just look up. I am telling you in high end chips the ratio is even more skewed against usa. there is no way in 2021 more than half american chips are made in usa.

@Telugodura456 with all that arrogant uppercaste Hindu posturing about dignity and other nonsense, may be you learnt something today.

china steals.. and its okay. if you think that's an insult, you are already sanghi fcuk in the making.

like I told you before, if amaravati or vizag is developed into a smart city, would you prefer open source tech be used and local hackers be allowed to participate in creating the platform, or would you prefer to just give the contract to some iot provider?

I already know your answer. tht's the difference btwn what you say, and what I say. you are slave to the stupid society's rules. I'm a free man. don't be jealous of me. actually be. I don't care.

what same Bs - you bluffed in your post "high end" chips. Just look up. I am telling you in high end chips the ratio is even more skewed against usa. there is no way in 2021 more than half american chips are made in usa.

I said IP intensive chips. don't throw fcuking tantrums like a fcuking child.

Apple, Qualcomm and all of them control TSMC's manufacturing process to the minutest detail as possible to get their chips made there. don't think companies are gonna give away IP just like that.

although I'm okay with someone stealing it and making it locally. which you probably are not, coz your uppercaste morals says stealing is bad.

lol. I say ask for it, if its not given, steal.

7 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I am telling you in high end chips the ratio is even more skewed against usa. there is no way in 2021 more than half american chips are made in usa.

blah blah blah.. you telling me vs american semiconductor industry's own report.

stfu idiot.