Shanghai lockdown: People using drones to help each other out

Telugodura456

6 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

thats called trade. China allowed US to grow as well then. Then it is pathetic and racist to only say US allowed china to grow. In fact us gained a lot more .

yes. I said that many times. if you'd brought up this point in the first page, I would have had no problem agreeing with it.

instead you were whining as usual about my racism.

it is true that US gained a lot more. But China has gained too, especially wrt to its ability to make those chips by themselves now. huawei will come back with a vengence into the market, and US can't stop it, coz they'll be based on home grown tech now. it'll take some time for that to materialize though.

not all countries have banned huawei thankfully, and there's still a lot of market left for them to explore in the meanwhile.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that's a tiring point that was already addressed. Huawei's telecom products winning a free market deal is immaterial to a decision to cancel the deal based on the technology Huawei was apparently free riding on.

US didn't have export licensing requirements for its chips until recently late under Donald Trump.

you trying to prove that Huawei tech was already banned is moot here. since I was not talking about Huawei products, but US chips.

US still doesnt have any export licensing requirements in general. Even now chinese companies whether redmi or oneplus have full access to american consumer chips - because it profits americans. Chinese EV companies NIO use cutting edge chips from NVDIA. Its clear you are going around in circles and you know nothing other than racism.

Its time to can this thread narsi @Raven_Rayes . You are probably a compulsive liar or some sort of a drama guy.

You started with  a premise US did something out of ordinary favor for china which is complete lie. I asked for  a single policy or single agreement to show it. You started mumbling about "informal" "non-tariff" and gave nothing. Then you said "chips" - us allowed china to buy its chips. In reality us allows anyone to buy its chips - these are chip makers - they want to sell chips. Then bluffed US now restricts china from chips - in reality it is just huawei - other chinese companies still have full access to chips. In between you mumbled something about asml and then contradicted yourself.

Yes Us was a good trade partner sometimes and so was china. china played weaker hand till recently but still did well.

ANyway sick of your dishonest drivel which goes in circles and circles.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

THey are fabless chips and fab chips - i guess you dont know any of it. When us exports chips - its not like theyr are coming out ofa factory in us. They come out of taiwan. anyway i cant explain all this now.

haha.. what a revelation about fabless chips..

dumbfcuk. close to 50% of high value chips designed in the US are manufactured in the US itself. only sent to China, Malaysia etc for testing, assembling and packaging.

6 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

US still doesnt have any export licensing requirements in general. Even now chinese companies whether redmi or oneplus have full access to american consumer chips - because it profits americans. Chinese EV companies NIO use cutting edge chips from NVDIA. Its clear you are going around in circles and you know nothing other than racism.

that's why keep up on the news dumbfcuk. US now has export licensing requirement for computing telecom chips. Nvidia will have to procure license to sell to NIO now. its done dude.

On top of it, US is also imposing a 25% tariff on chips imported into US from China now.

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Its time to can this thread narsi @Raven_Rayes . You are probably a compulsive liar or some sort of a drama guy.

You started with  a premise US did something out of ordinary favor for china which is complete lie. I asked for  a single policy or single agreement to show it. You started mumbling about "informal" "non-tariff" and gave nothing. Then you said "chips" - us allowed china to buy its chips. In reality us allows anyone to buy its chips - these are chip makers - they want to sell chips. Then bluffed US now restricts china from chips - in reality it is just huawei - other chinese companies still have full access to chips. In between you mumbled something about asml and then contradicted yourself.

Yes Us was a good trade partner sometimes and so was china. china played weaker hand till recently but still did well.

ANyway sick of your dishonest drivel which goes in circles and circles.

emotional moron. US did allow China to grow.

your pointless summary apart, you've proved time and again that you can't debate. you got to the point after irritating me with nonsense for 8 pages, demanding all sorts of explanations from me, while offering none yourself.

apart from lame phrases like hard work. you are an idiot.

Yes, US now restricts China from accessing its chips. it requires a license from every semiconductor manfacturer to sell now, and also imposes 25% tariff on top of it for chips imported back to US from China.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

haha.. what a revelation about fabless chips..

dumbfcuk. close to 50% of high value chips designed in the US are manufactured in the US itself. only sent to China, Malaysia etc for testing, assembling and packaging.

ANother lie. look it up. They are manufactured in taiwan but designed in usa. 

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that's why keep up on the news dumbfcuk. US now has export licensing requirement for computing telecom chips. Nvidia will have to procure license to sell to NIO now. its done dude.

On top of it, US is also imposing a 25% tariff on chips imported into US from China now.

Yedisaavule. so export licensing still doesnt prevent them from selling to china. then what is your premise really.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

emotional moron. US did allow China to grow.

your pointless summary apart, you've proved time and again that you can't debate. you got to the point after irritating me with nonsense for 8 pages, demanding all sorts of explanations from me, while offering none yourself.

apart from lame phrases like hard work. you are an idiot.

Yes, US now restricts China from accessing its chips. it requires a license from every semiconductor manfacturer to sell now, and also imposes 25% tariff on top of it for chips imported back to US from China.

china allowed us to grow. That also follows from your logic.

Do you understand the word "restrict" - if licenses are given it is not a restriction.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yedisaavule. so export licensing still doesnt prevent them from selling to china. then what is your premise really.

yes. Its upto the discretion of the US govt now, which was waived until recently.

my premise is simple. US will not give up its advantage in Chip tech, the way it allowed China to free ride on industrial design from the US.

treatment of huawei is indication of how serious US takes this. huawei is literally depending on its own homegrown arm based chips, and they are even trying to wean off ARM by promoting RISCV based microarchitectures. but they are not there yet.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

yes. Its upto the discretion of the US govt now, which was waived until recently.

my premise is simple. US will not give up its advantage in Chip tech, the way it allowed China to free ride on industrial design from the US.

treatment of huawei is indication of how serious US takes this. huawei is literally depending on its own homegrown arm based chips, and they are even trying to wean off ARM by promoting RISCV based microarchitectures. but they are not there yet.

Yedisaavule. what are free rides in industrial design? like toys and bras ? can you name one industrial design "free rided" from us to china.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

china allowed us to grow. That also follows from your logic.

Do you understand the word "restrict" - if licenses are given it is not a restriction.

yes China basically propped up US lead in tech in the 21st century. US owes a lot of its prime position in tech to China.

next?

that licenses are mandated itself means that they will be enforced at the discretion of the govt.

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

lol.

Tariffs-graphic-768x595.png

"U.S. tech firms rely on Taiwanese contract manufacturers to produce up to 90% of their chips, according to Sebastian Hou from CLSA."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/13/semiconductor-shortage-us-tech-companies-and-their-reliance-on-taiwan.html

Why do you post a graphic without a link to source?